New York (N.Y.). Landmarks Preservation Commission
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract The New York School of Applied Design for Women was a significant educational institution and proponent of the arts and crafts movement that sought to provide women with the practical education needed to be self-sufficient. Founded in 1892 by Ellen Dunlap Hopkins, the school went through several significant changes beginning with the new building at 160 Lexington Avenue in 1909, then the reincorporation as a co-educational school and merger with the Phoenix Arts Institute in 1944, and finally...
Dates: 1892 - 1985; Majority of material found within 1892 - 1944