PIC01. Institutional Records
Found in 31 Collections and/or Records:
The Alumni Collection documents the alumni of Pratt Institute through newsletters, graduation lists, student publications and various alumni associations from 1889 to 2015.
The Anniversaries Collection includes materials related to the various anniversaries of the Institute, including photographs, planning documents, programs, invitations, newspaper clippings, and other related ephemera from 1912 to 2012.
The Buildings and Grounds Collection contains records about Pratt Institute's Brooklyn and Manhattan campuses, their buildings and features, and its development over time. The records date from 1849 to 2017 and include real estate documents, mentions of Pratt in the media, and development proposals, among others. Digitized images of Pratt Institute's buildings and grounds are available on the following link: https://www.jstor.org/site/pratt/buildings-image .
The Printed Matter Scrapbooks consist scrapbooks dating from 1887 to 1987, which document materials printed by Pratt Institute and its schools, making them a rich source of information for events and student life. Access to these scrapbooks is limited due to the fragile state of the materials.
The Academic Affairs Council Records include papers created by the Academic Affairs Council in 1968 and 1969. Included in the records are the agendas and meeting minutes for 1968-1969 and the administrative manual created for the council in 1968.
The Center for Career and Professional Development provides access to career management education and support for students and alumni. This collection represents documents the work of the department from 1934 to 2006.
The Records of the Department of Communications and Marketing documents the deparments efforts of promoting and representing the Institute in the media. The records include marketing material and photographs of departments, events, and activities at or sponsored by Pratt Institute from 1888 to 2015. Formats present in the collection include photographic prints, paper, negatives, and slides.
The Department of Exhibitions has hosted art exhibitions in various locations on and off the Pratt Institute campus approximately since 1896. The exhibitions primarily highlight work by students, faculty, and community members. Records maintained in the course of the department’s activities include item checklists, photographs, press releases, flyers, and catalogs. The items in this collection range from 1896 to 2017.
The Records of Library trace the history of the administration of the Pratt Institute Libraries and the earlier Pratt Institute Free Library from its beginning in 1888 to the present through internal reports, statistics, publications, correspondence, photographs, and other forms of documentation created by staff.
This collection documents the activities of the Pratt Center for Community Development, an advocacy planning and technical assistance organization based at the Pratt Institute, that has been active across New York City since 1963. The collection consists primarily of paper records documenting the projects of the Pratt Center. Publications, photographs and architectural drawings are also included in this collection.
The Records of the School of Architecture document the history of the school since its formation in 1954, as well as its time as a department in the School of Fine and Applied Arts, through publications, promotional materials, course catalogs, press releases, and materials from various events dating from 1912 to 2012.
The Records of the School of Art and Design illustrate the school’s history within Pratt Institute, from its beginnings in 1888 to its curriculum overhaul in 2014 and re-division into two separate schools in 2015. The records date from 1888 to 2018 and include administrative reports and correspondance, marketing materials, student work, exhibition material, alumni records, and publications.
The material contained in this collection document Pratt’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies between 1960 and 2011 and include ephemera, publications, reports, and catalogs pertaining to the different courses offered at the school.
The Records of the School of Engineering contains documents created by the students, faculty, and staff of the School of Science and Technology, later the School of Engineering, dating back to 1888 until the school’s eventual closure during the 1992-1993 school year.
The Records of the School of Information and Library Science documents the history of America’s oldest library school in continuous operation beginning with its founding in 1890. Through correspondence, curriculum materials, student work, and other documents, this collection provides an account of the library school’s activities up to the 21st century, especially in its first 50 years.
The School of Kindergarten Training was founded in 1892 in response to the growing kindergarten movement in the United States. The Records of the School of Kindergarten Training contain letters, indexes and paper ephemera dating from 1892 to 1930 –the bulk of these materials having been produced between 1893 and 1912.
The collection of School of Liberal Arts document the school and include administrative records, departmental work, and marketing publications such as brochures and catalogs from 1948 to 2018.