Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
This collection documents the activities of the Pratt Center for Community Development, an advocacy planning and technical assistance organization based at the Pratt Institute, that has been active across New York City since 1963. The collection consists primarily of paper records documenting the projects of the Pratt Center. Publications, photographs and architectural drawings are also included in this collection.
The Records of the School of Art and Design illustrate the school’s history within Pratt Institute, from its beginnings in 1888 to its curriculum overhaul in 2014 and re-division into two separate schools in 2015. The records date from 1888 to 2018 and include administrative reports and correspondance, marketing materials, student work, exhibition material, alumni records, and publications.
The Records of the School of Engineering contains documents created by the students, faculty, and staff of the School of Science and Technology, later the School of Engineering, dating back to 1888 until the school’s eventual closure during the 1992-1993 school year.
This collection consists of publications created by students of Pratt Institute dating from 1940 up until the present. These student publications include campus news, write-ups and reviews of events and exhibitions, editorial commentary on campus happenings, original artwork, poetry, and essays reflecting the social, cultural, and political issues of their times.